Start Something Bold is a Product Innovation & Strategy Firm. We navigate the complexity of innovation, so our clients can see and pursue opportunities they didn’t realize existed. We help our clients with Market Strategies, Front-End Innovation, Product Innovation, and building an internal Growth Engine.
We’re passionate about enabling our clients to deliver the right products to market. By understanding user needs and building empathy for our clients’ customers, we gain new insights and form strategies for growth. As design thinkers, we know how to quickly translate research learnings into strategic directions that set our client’s products apart from the competition. As a boutique firm, we move fast to provide recommendations needed to make quick and well-informed business decisions.
Start Something Bold has a collaborative, autonomous, and entrepreneurial culture that’s constantly pushing the bounds of ‘what if.’ Our team is built of researchers, designers, biomedical engineers, and new product development experts with experience helping Industrial Automation, Medical Device, Healthcare, and Consumer Products companies realize growth.
We’re looking for someone with an energetic personality, a passion for helping companies grow, and ability to connect with prospects to earn their business. This Customer Relationship Representative will work alongside our founder to grow client volume across multiple industries. This person must be confident communicating and selling to business leaders and building relationships with prospects.
Lead Generation (50% of time)
This time will be spent calling, emailing, qualifying, and scheduling meetings.
● Proactively pursue and qualify sales leads via telephone and email campaigns
● Build up to having 1-2 qualified leads per week
● Build and maintain trust-based professional relationships
● Prospect new clients and identify key stakeholders
● Build awareness of brand, services, and value
● Qualify prospects and determine their needs and fit
● Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
● Schedule First Time Appointments (video or in person)
● Manage CRM to track metrics, activities, and deliver reports
Marketing and Events (30% time)
This time will be spent developing marketing collateral and planning events.
● Manage and update Start Something Bold’s Linkedin Company Page
● Coordinate company’s first newsletter and ongoing communication
● Plan marketing events, reference past Whiskey Journey events on our website
● Craft and promote case studies and success stories from past projects
● Develop thought leadership content and push to relevant publications
Sales Development (20% time)
This time will be spent developing internal processes to improve reach with new prospects.
● Identify target companies in Industrial, Medical, and Consumer markets
● Research target companies to identify key players and roles
● Create rhythm of contacting individuals that builds awareness of our brand and value
● Define metrics that track progress and delivers insights
SITUATION ANALYSIS & KEY INITIATIVES FOR FIRST 12 MONTHS
What we do is not easy, simple or by the book, so being comfortable with a complex service will be required for success. The right attitude and ambition is required in our ideal hire. The Founders of Start Something Bold enjoy developing individuals to see them reach their full potential.
KEY BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate will have at 1-2 years experience interning or working in sales. This person will have experience:
● Targeting and building trust with new prospects
● Listening to prospects needs
● Writing email campaigns and scripts for calling prospects
● Building relationships and trust with prospects and throughout the business community
● Executing a sales process, demonstrating behaviors that deliver results
● Communicating to all levels of an organization, including CEO’s, Presidents, and executives
● Selling a complex product, such as a service
● Tracking sales pipeline activities in CRM software and exceeding quotas
● Working in an entrepreneurial environment
Key personal traits that will be expected in the successful candidate:
● Strong character that builds trust of our brand in the community and with clients
● Acts decisively to tackle difficult problems and preservers in the face of challenges.
● Communicates with confidence and steadiness in the face of uncertainty, and adapts quickly tonew situations
● Reflects on and learns from experiences, understands personal strengths and weaknesses andhow to compensate with others around them
● Must be self motivated and hard working, able to function largely on their own with minimalday-to-day direction
● Creative and can quickly come up with ideas that attract new clients
● Carry executive presence both on the phone and in person
● Dot connector that always has their eyes and ears open
● Asks good questions, and is able to communicate/connect with a wide variety of people
We are seeking diversity of experiences that may include a degree in any of these fields that demonstrates the ability to drive business development and sales.
● Business Administration
● International Business
● Professional Sales